Thursday, October 18, 2007

One of Those Days

You know the kind. We’ve all had them. It’s like…everything you try to do turns into an insurmountable ordeal. The harder you try, the “behinder” you get. Well, that about sums up my day today.

I won’t bore you with all the details, but from the incompetent boobs I encountered at not one, not two, but THREE drive-thru windows today – to the group of professionals who could not be bothered to respond to a simple email, indicating either “yes” they would, or “no” they would not be able to attend today’s scheduled loan committee meeting, leaving me to cancel it at the last minute – to the bunch of inept bureaucrats at SBA who managed to lose a file that the borrowers and banker are yammering at us to close – to the stoooooopid chic who jaywalked in front of me on my way home this evening and proceeded to take her sweet time crossing the street like she was out for a leisurely stroll, then had the unmitigated gall to give ME the evil eye…yeah…it’s been one of those days. Whew! Amen, hallelujah, pass the Tylenol.

Now, I’m sitting here, watching LOCI reruns on USA, nursing my big toe I just stubbed in the kitchen and fighting back this queasy feeling that is gnawing in the pit of my stomach. Won’t that be just perfect…to end up sick on top of everything else.

The one bright spot was waiting for me when I arrived home this evening…pictures. Pictures of…well…you know who. Plus there will be a new episode of LOCI on USA tonight at 10:00p.m. – a Bobby episode. It’s the little things, folks, that help me get through the day.

Here is a sampling of the photos I received today.

I want this subway pose as a life-size cardboard stand-up . Can't you just imagine it...waking up to a 6'4" hunka doodle-do standing at the foot of your bed every morning. Ahhhhh!




I may take this one to the office. Wonder what good ol' Dave will think when he sees this on my desk?

Well, I would like to say I am hopeful that, "Tomorrow will be another day," she said, paraphrasing Scarlett O'Hara. But you see, for the past two weeks or so, our office has been undergoing extensive renovations...pounding and hammering and drilling and paint fumes and...well, you get the idea. We still have about two more weeks to endure. And tomorrow...well...tomorrow they will rip down partitions in my section for refurbishing and relocate 30-plus file cabinets into a space for which they only allowed for 22. Don't know what the design "genius" thought we were supposed to do with the rest of 'em. Guess I'll find out tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

val said...

Well, there's one woman who knows what it's like to have him hulking at the foot of her bed. And in it. And now, given her condition, obviously in HER! Lucky cow!