Friday, October 26, 2007

Venting About Work

One of the reasons I started this blog was to give me an outlet…a place where I could vent and rant about the frustrations of my life when I felt the need. Hence, it is time for me to introduce you to Andy. Now, I have worked in the same agency with this “man” for ten years now, but in the same department for only the past three. Let me make this perfectly clear…he is not my boss. He supervises the loan officers and I supervise the “bull pen” or the operations side of things. Without boring you too much…sorry if that ship has sailed…my group packages, closes, funds, and services the business loans we make, and my job is to make sure this is all brought about in an efficient, professional, and timely manner.

Now, more about Andy, or “Bow Tie Man” as I am wont to call him…I even have a little song I sing about Andy and his bow ties. I call him other things, too, but I digress. He has been with the agency since its inception…25 years ago, so he’s not going anywhere. He’s not a particularly vile man. I can’t say that I like him, but I don’t dislike him either, he’s just there…like that chronic pain in my lower back I’ve learned to live with. Basically, he’s a big ol’ wuss in a bow tie.

The main problem with Andy is, he thinks we were all put on this earth to serve him, and because of that particularly annoying trait, he drives us all insane. To borrow a line from “Bridget Jones’s Diary,” “He makes me want to staple things to his head.”

Trust me, I could devote an entire blog to him, but today I want to talk about a particular incident involving Andy. Now if you read my earlier post about Bobby and his "Tantalizing Tongue Teasers," then you know watching Bobby flick his tongue across his lips in that seductive way of his is just one of the many, many fascinations I have with this man. Anyway, one day I walked into Bow Tie Man’s office to ask him a work-related question. So, while I stood in the doorway waiting for an answer – almost in slow motion – Andy said something, then paused to sweep his tongue across his lips.

First, it caught me off guard, then it took all the resolve I could muster to keep from bursting into uncontrollable laughter. Trust me, folks, "it just wasn’t the same." Nobody, but nobody, wields a tongue the way my Bobby does.

This is Andy.

What did I tell ya...Bow Tie Man!

2 comments:

val said...

Ew, no comparison. Vincent forever.

BobbyG said...

Ew...doesn't even begin to describe him. I have tons of Andy stories.