Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Bobby Shirt

I had been toying with a couple of topics for tonight’s entry, but thoughts of those flew completely out of my head when I arrived home to find a package waiting for me…a package from eBay. A very "particular" package from eBay. Let me explain. “No, there is too much…let me sum up.” (My apologies, I lost my head for a moment and channeled Inigo Montoya from “The Princess Bride.”)

What was in the package, you may ask? Well…last week, I was checking out eBay for the usual…you know…VDO photos as Detective Goren and such, when I happened upon “Vincent D’Onofrio Wardrobe/Apparel.” Now, I’ve seen these listings before, and I read on Val’s “Life and Vincent” Blog that she had purchased the “black T-shirt of hotness” from eBay, so I thought I’d take a peek and see just what sort of “apparel” might be up for grabs. And there it was, a white dress shirt…actually, it looked beige in the photo…so I bid on it…and won! (Right about now, my friend Linda is rolling her eyes and shaking her head, thinking that I have completely lost my mind. Oh well.)

Details…I know some of you will want details, so here we go. The “Certificate of Authenticity” that accompanied my purchase states that it is a white shirt from the production "Law and Order CI" from the wardrobe of Vincent D’Onofrio. (Big yummy sigh.) The label on the shirt itself states it is a size XL (17-17½) – neck size – with a sleeve length of 36/37. The shirt brand is Classix and above the label someone has printed in ink: “Goren.” Another tag has been attached and CI4 has been printed in ink on it. Not sure if that means it is from his wardrobe in Season 4, or if, in fact, it means anything. All I know is, I am now the happy owner of an article of clothing that perhaps, perchance, possibly…okay…maybe was actually worn by our deliciously delectable detective.

Now, the seller lists a disclaimer, stating they have no way of knowing if the article of clothing was actually worn by the actor in question, but it really doesn’t matter. Tonight, when I climb into bed, I will be content with the knowledge that a “Detective Bobby” shirt hangs in a place of honor in my closet. Perhaps he may need to drop by and borrow it sometime. Ya think? Nah, I know…monkeys will fly out my butt before that ever happens, but a girl sure can dream.

I give you...the wonderful, wonderful white shirt off Bobby's broad back:

And yes, of course, I tried it on. Sniffed it, too...several times.

3 comments:

val said...

I bid on that too! Sorry, I may have pushed the price up for you.

BobbyG said...

I'm sorry, Val. Had I known someone I "know" was bidding on it, I would have backed off. That's the problem with a "private" auction.

MYM said...

Oh I'm so jealous! Damn that would make a good night-shirt. You lucky girl you.