Tuesday, December 23, 2008

All I Want For Christmas...Again

Well, I did a similar post last year with the same title, so I guess I'm gonna keep asking for the same thing every year until I wear down Santa, and that chubby old elf with the big old belly in the natty red suit brings me what I want. Yeah, right? Anyway, since this is my 300th post, you have to know the topic is going to be about a certain "tall drink of water" detective (fictional though he may be) who resides in New York City.

This is another song that I heard on the radio...loved it immediately... and determined that I had to own it for my very own. So, after finally hearing the DJ give the name of the group singing the song; i.e., Vince Vance & The Valiants, I went immediately to Amazon.com and made my purchase. The CD...overall...isn't particularly memorable, albeit, there are one or two other songs I do enjoy; specifically, "Christmas Just Ain't Christmas Without You." The title song was well worth the purchase, however.

So, in keeping with my recent trend of "counting down" my favorite Christmas/Holiday songs, I did a search of YouTube and found a video...several actually...of the song. The one I selected, however, is a solitary photo of an old-fashioned radio that never changes throughout the song, so it's just like you're listening to the radio. Since I have yet to venture into the very intimidating world of video making, I put together a Bobby slideshow to go along with it, so you can listen to the song and watch Bobby fade in and out. Yes, this is my "dummied-down" way of contriving a make-shift video for my man and my song.

Bobby Christmas Slideshow


"All I Want For Christmas"

YouTube vid by oldcountrytunes.

Maybe next year, if I'm still alive and kickin', I'll get around to making an actual honest-to-gosh video. Hey, it could happen.