Thursday, December 11, 2008

Politics...Not My Cup Of Tea

I am quite certain that Music Wench will do a much more complete, thorough and entertaining job at analyzing the idiocy that is Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich when her schedule slows down, and she has time to blog again. Until then, I just have to rant a bit. I simply must ask...what was the man thinking? Well, obviously, he wasn't. Evidently, the man has completely lost his mind, in fact.

I mean, nowadays, when a person lives his life in the public eye...as most certainly the governor of a state does...one should be a little more cautious as to the breadth and depth of the corrupt activities in which one engages. That's all I'm sayin'. So, why...WHY...I ask you did this moron believe he could try to SELL Barack Obama's vacated Senate seat to the highest bidder and it NOT garner the attention of...oh, I don't know...the FBI? Idiot.

I guess his wife is just as bad. One article I read depicted her, Illinois First Lady Patricia Blagojevich, as a modern-day Lady Macbeth who plotted against her husband's "perceived" enemies and backed his corrupt schemes. Well, why wouldn't she? After all, he was trying to snag a high paying position for her, too. Don't they sound like a fun couple? Let's invite them over for tea.

And the thing is...he's a Democrat. It just goes to show you that... when it comes to politics... "stupidity" is not "exclusive" to the Republican Party. Nope...idiocy is one quality that is truly bipartisan.

But the icing on the cake came this morning when I found the following headline in a Yahoo News teaser: "Joe The Plumber: Appalled By McCain Bailout Support." Intrigued, I clicked on the link and read the article. Basically, he didn't agree with McCain's reasons for bailing out Wall Street...was angered, in fact. Aw, gee, that honeymoon ended rather quickly, didn't it?

Anyway, I guess their "falling out" occurred near the end of the campaign, so Sam (that's Joe's real name...Sam Wurzelbacher) also hit the campaign trail with Sarah Palin. He had only praise for her, calling Palin the "real deal." He was quoted as saying, "It disgusts me on how often they try to bash her just for her sincerity. She really wants to work for America."

But the surprising thing I learned from this article was that "Joe" has evidently written a book about his experiences stumping around the country with McCain and Palin. Who knew the man could read, let alone write? And it's due out this month. (Gee, do I have time to add it to my list to Santa?) I can hardly wait to see what awe-inspiring, thought provoking...dare I say..."profound" words of wisdom good ol' Joe has to share with the rest of us "common folk."

You know, I have been wondering what sort of material George W. would be looking for when gets around to planning his "Presidential Library." Unfortunately, I think I've found it.