Monday, December 22, 2008

A "Christmas Portrait"

This Christmas CD by The Carpenters is my all time favorite. There are other artists I enjoy just as much, but this particular CD...from start to finish...does not disappoint. At least, for me. Back in the day when I still "did-up" Christmas in a big way, this is the CD I would play...and sing along with...as I decorated my tree.

Karen Carpenter had such a pure, beautifully lyrical voice. Her death was so tragic. As a person who has food "issues" on the opposite end of the spectrum, it is hard for me to wrap my brain around a disease like anorexia. What a waste and so very, very sad.

There are too many songs on this CD for me to pick just one, so I settled on three: "Merry Christmas, Darling," "I'll Be Home For Christmas," and "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." Okay, so call me a sentimental, old sap. I don't care...there are worse things you could call me.

"Merry Christmas, Darling"

YouTube vid by RicBNH.

"I'll Be Home For Christmas"

YouTube vid by LoveHowardBanister.

"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

YouTube vid by NedNickerson2008.