Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bobby's "Legacy"

Well, the first thing I noticed about this episode was Bobby...wearing jeans. He wears them so well, you know...and, he was all "tucked-in" and belted.

Then he walked straight up to the teacher, Ms. Nobile, looked her up and down and asked her to turn and then "spin" for him. (Gotta tell ya, he wouldn't have to ask me twice.) The way he was "checking her out" the moment he arrived and instantly noticed the paint flecks was vintage Bobby. Nothing gets past our boy.

I have been meaning to mention this for a while now, but I love the interaction between Bobby and Rodgers. He is forever trying to mess with the corpses on the table, and she is forever shooing him aside...sometimes with a, "you'd better let me do that," and other times with a smack on the hand as if correcting a naughty child. This time, when they both reached for the sheet covering Paul's body, she just gave him a look that "implied" she wasn't in the mood for his shenanigans, and he backed off...with just a hint of a smile.

Then there was the "locker lean." (Pardon me while I pause to steady myself and catch my breath.) Nobody...and I do mean NOBODY..."holds up" a doorjamb or a wall, or...as in this case...a locker like this man. I especially liked the part when the teacher snatched her daughter's laptop from the officer's hand and told Bobby they couldn't look at it without a search warrant. "That much I know," she said. Bobby just continued to lean his splendidly-broad shoulder against the locker, gave her a haughty look and...in a matter-of-fact tone...scoffed, "Well, we'll get one."

Another "vintage" Bobby moment took place at Jack's house when they went there to question him in his father's presence. Bobby picked up a framed picture and kept fingering it...much to the annoyance of Jack's father who finally yanked it...with some resistance...from our dauntless detective's adroit fingers.

The next noteworthy scene took place in the administrative office of the Connecticut boarding school that "Joe Cool" allegedly attended. Granted, the office clerk was a wee bit on the acerbic side. It was obvious she was busy and didn't have time to be bothered with a couple of NYPD cops, but she was helpful. So, I thought it was just a tad uncharacteristically rude of Bobby to take the catalog without asking if it was all right or even thanking the woman for her trouble. Frankly, she responded the way I most likely would have...with a sarcastic, "You're welcome."

I absolutely loved the kid who got "stung" when he slid the envelope under Ms. Nobile's door. When Goren and Eames started questioning him, he just held up his hands in surrender and said, "Lawyer." Funny and sad at the same time. I suppose that is a sign of the times, huh? Bobby's facial expressions, as he studied the young lad, were positively priceless in this scene. I cannot tell you how many screen caps I ended up with from this sequence alone.

Was anyone else bothered by the claim of the attorney or the parent (I wasn't watching closely enough to determine who was what in this scene...well...it wasn't a Bobby scene, you know) that what the boys did were just "harmless schoolboy pranks?" These pranks included trying to entice a girl to strip on a webcam for a nonexistent boyfriend with the intention of causing a teacher to lose her job...her livelihood. I'm thinkin' someone needs to look up the definition of the word "harmless" in ye olde dictionary.

I'll leave you with this parting observation. I thought Bobby was looking particularly handsome when he strode into the room for the "gotcha" scene at the end. He was wearing dress slacks instead of jeans...again...tucked and belted. So, the scruffy, sloppy look of recent weeks was not as apparent in this episode. Yeah, he still has the beard, but he keeps it neatly trimmed, so I don't consider that "scruffy." No tie, but then who can blame him for that?

That reminds me of the time my friend Ralph and I were leaving a meeting in the middle of the "dog days" of summer. It was the end of the day, and we still had an hour's drive home ahead of us. (I was driving...I always drove in those days...I was kind of like Eames in that respect.) Ralph got in the car and asked if I minded if he removed his tie because it was choking him. I told him to go ahead...that I felt the same way about the pantyhose I was wearing. He just laughed and told me to do likewise. So, I suppose I'll just leave you to ponder...did she or didn't she?

Without further ado, I give you the wonderfulness that is Bobby as portrayed in "Legacy."

Legacy Part I


Legacy Part II

12 comments:

Music Wench said...

Lovely! I also love the man in jeans and the more casual look doesn't bother me. The beard I could still live without but it's starting to look normal on him now so I can say I even love that about him.

The kid asking for a lawyer immediately made my husband laugh and say "Cute little weasel. His dad is either a lawyer or the CEO of some large corporation." LOL

I don't know, Bobby's been kind of rude this year. In Depths he takes the guy's coin and waves him off as he and Eames walk away with his coin. In Please Note he waves the guy off and tells him he can leave now after they open his email account.

I think it's just part of the changes he's been going through the last two seasons.

And yes, I was bothered by the statement that it was just a 'harmless schoolboy prank.' Probably because in school he was just the same kind of jerk.

Ah well, it's great to see Bobby no matter what!

Nervously anticipating Frame. Here's hoping they don't torture our Bobby too much.

BobbyG said...

Don't get me wrong...I'll take him scruffy or all gussied-up, clean shaven, stubbled, or bearded. I'll take him anyway I can get him, basically. He looks yummy.

You're right about the other "rude" scenes. I noted them at the time, but guess they had temporarily vacated my old brain.

I'm trying to not think too far ahead to "Frame." It's gonna be what it's gonna be, so I'll just have to wait and see. Gee, I made a rhyme. Still laughing at your comment on my previous post by the way.

mary said...

I also enjoyed this one. I like the easyway he and ross are getting between them now. Not really as if they like each other so much as he did( my mind is blank senior moment please excuse)the other one:) but more acceptance on both their parts.

Eliza said...

The scene with the youngster in the office is probably my favourite from this episode...Alex being mean and Bobby being nice,plus that lovely little smile when he looked at the kid at the end :-)

Laura Cousins said...

This is another lovely collection of caps, thank you for sharing!

Lynnez said...

Hi, hope it's okay to comment here...saw your name on Musicwenche's blog and I also love the exchanges between Goren and Rodgers. It's hilarious how exasperated she gets with him. I really like the more casually dressed Goren...I mean really he looks better than he did last season with the white shirts that wouldn't stay tucked in and didn't seem to fit properly. I think it may be a visual sign that he's getting better, but is still a different person from who he was when the series first started.

Anonymous said...

I really liked this episode, but I wish they hadn't had John Shea back so soon to guest star. Doesn't seem like 5 minutes since Bobby was tending to the wound on the back of his head ;0)

I'm savouring this one because I've a horrible feeling 'Frame' might break us all off at the knees - again *whimpers*

Wonderful caps and commentary - thank you for sharing.

BobbyG said...

Thanks to everyone for their comments...all are appreciated.

And, Lynnez, it is definitely okay for you to comment here. Thanks for visiting and come back anytime.

Goddessdster said...

Great post and great caps! Sorry I'm late to comment, but life, you know...
I love reading what parts of episodes other people loved. It helps me remember each episode in different ways.

BobbyG said...

Goddessdster, there's no time limit on leaving a comment here. And I do understand about life...it happens. Thanks for visiting and commenting.

BASRIC said...

I too loved all the scenes you mentioned. Especially the young boy Jeffy saying "Now I'll never get in." and that amused look Bobby gave him then Alex. For an episode that had a lot less Bobby, Alex and Ross dialog it took me forever too script and cap it. Love your slide shows.
Good solid episode

BobbyG said...

Thank you, Basric. I know I owe you an email. Hope to get to it before you go on vacation. If not, hope you have a WONDERFUL trip and want to hear all about it when you get back.