Sunday, August 17, 2008

Favorite Quote Of The Week

While scouring the Internet last night, searching for information and photos on Michael Phelps and the winning of his eighth gold medal, I happened upon the following "gem" of an article. It is about the Olympics and is entitled: "The Events TV Won't Show." It is written by the "Seattle Times" columnist Ron Judd.

I found it to be quite witty and contained the following humorous quote. "In an unfortunate bit of timing, Russia, its tanks fueled with biodiesel made from composted copies of the Olympic Truce, invades Georgia. The Bush administration sends a tank brigade to protect Atlanta."

Sadly, the man probably considered it.

This one is worth an honorable mention. "Track and field begins, with the sad spectacle of Marion Jones attempting to run the 200 meters in an orange jumpsuit with a home-confinement locator beacon strapped around her ankle."

If you possess a like-minded warped sense of humor and would like to read more, you can find the entire amusing Ron Judd article here.

6 comments:

Music Wench said...

ROFL Thanks for sharing that. I LOVE IT! Read it to my husband and he wanted the URL to go read the entire thing.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was a thought somewhere in the vast empty caverns of W.'s brain. I'm sure he couldn't have told you the difference between Iran and Iraq before he was 'selected' president in 2000.

BobbyG said...

Okay, Music Wench, does that mean your husband has a like-minded WARPED sense of humor like mine? I just rolled in the floor with laughter when I read the "tank brigade to Atlanta" part.

Jane said...

Too Funny! 'Bob Costas from his booster seat'!

BobbyG said...

I forgot about that line, Tess. This guy is just too witty/sarcastic. I may have to make a note to check out his column more often. I like people who can get their point across with humor.

val said...

While not approving of what Russia is up to, I think it's good for America to have a rival again.

Eliza said...

Thank you for the link.His take on things makes the Olympics (among other things) seem much more entertaining :-)