Friday, August 15, 2008

Quotable "Jones"

Hmm, let’s see, just what did I learn about the huggy-bear Detective Goren in this episode? Well, for starters, he likes to dance. And he looks darn good doing it, I might add.

This tidbit isn’t about Bobby, but we discovered that Eames did not take her job at Major Case to “get noticed.”

Bobby is familiar with the scent of lavender and can detect it on a decaying corpse that has been “ripening” on the beach for – well, I can’t recall the exact amount of time. Suffice to say, no detail…no matter how small or seemingly insignificant…gets past this devilishly divine detective.

Detective Goren is not particularly shy…and spares no one’s feelings…when it comes to pointing out a person’s shortcomings. Case in point, the scene with Denise when he brutally informs her that her husband does not love her, but her money.

We learned that Bobby likes to find the “right button” on a person, so he can push it. To that I can but exclaim, “Oh, Bobby dear, do I have some “buttons” that are desperately in need of a good old-fashioned “pushing.”

And…glory hallelujah…we learned that Bobby likes to "take his time.” Oh, yeah…I can get on board with that.

What else did we discover about Detective Bobby? Well, he can be extremely persuasive…quite eloquent, in fact…when convincing a stanchly devoted wife to turn State’s evidence against her wuss of a husband.

But the single-most important thing we learned about Detective Robert Goren in this episode is that he wears a size 13 shoe, and is damn proud of it…boastful, in fact. This scene will no doubt go down in the annals of LOCI history as an undisputed “classic.” The image of the man plopping his size 13’s perfunctorily onto the interrogation table has lived on through seven seasons. It ultimately led to Bobby’s online moniker of “bigfoot” in this year’s episode called “Please Note, etc.” Nope, we won’t be forgetting that scene anytime soon.

Oh, and his hands. Those magnificently large and powerful hands. I can just hear it now, “Ooh, Detective Goren, what big hands you have.” And he replies, “All the better to…” Well, I’ll leave it to you to fill in the blank as you see fit. I already know how I want him to fill in my “blanks,” my dear.

Here are the slideshows…all three of them…and those big ol’ size 13’s consume the bulk of the third one.

Part I


Part II


Part III

5 comments:

Jane said...

Brilliant Job! I really need to go back and watch 'Jones' again :)

Why any woman would fall for that little weasel is beyond me?!

val said...

I LOVE this episode!

Music Wench said...

Oh this is just marvelous! Love those size 13s!

Spectacular job! Glad I finally managed to get online to play and not work! :)

Anonymous said...

That epi. I just can't forget!!
We see how Bobby is BIGGER in every way from that small tini tiny man!!;)))Especial his 13 SIZE SHOES!!
And yea somebody else than me,I see loveeesss those hands of Bobby..mmm..rrr..purrr..woof!!;)))
And what a hot "bigfoot"!!;)

Eliza said...

Looking at the captions on the first slide-show I can't help but feel that a dance with Detective Goren would make EVERYTHING feel better :-D

You're so right about the size 13 thing too..it's a classic scene that has gone down in the history of LOCI as being one of the best EVER....wonder why??