Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Dream Update

Back in early October, I did a post about a "Bobby Dream" I was having that was rudely interrupted by a telemarketing phone call at 1:40a.m. in the morning. Did I say "morning?" How about middle of the freakin' night? Anyway, the call was from the car dealership where I recently purchased a new car, and they were letting their customers know that they were moving to a new location later in the month.

Well, the next day I called the dealership to ask them if all of their customers received such a call, or had I been the solitary lucky customer to be thus awakened in the middle of the night. The young lady, who had obviously handled a number of these calls already, assured me that I was not alone...that there had been a "glitch" in the system. Really, Sherlock? I had managed to deduce that much on my own.

Today, I received a letter from the dealership in which they explained what had happened; i.e., a malfunction in the marketing firm's dialing software that prompted the calls to begin at midnight instead of noon. I figured it was something like that. But here's the best part. To apologize for the inconvenience they caused their customers, they included a coupon for a FREE oil and filter change. That is timely indeed; I was about to schedule a service call.

Now, if they could only give me back my Bobby dream, so I could finally find out what he was about to say to me when he "leaned in." Guess not, huh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tess got one at something like 6.25AM from someone wanting to sell her life insurance!!!
That's why we went ex-directory and are now registered with this thing that keeps your phone number OFF any lists that are sold to telemarketing companies. It's bliss ;0)

ann said...

diane, I think only we can get that in this country... lucky us

BobbyG, as long as I got to bed with him and wake up with him, I don't mind what goes on through the night...

BobbyG said...

We have a "no call" list or a "do not call" list and I'm registered on that. The reason I got this particular call was because the car dealership had my name and info from when I bought the car. Next year is a presidential election year here in the States, so all the political calls will start. Oh joy, or rapture, I can hardly wait for that. You have to call the local "party" headquarters to get your number moved off that list.