Friday, November 2, 2007

Moving Day

That expression – and I’m paraphrasing here – “When all around you is chaos, and you remain calm, you’ve obviously misinterpreted the situation” – was never more true than at this moment. You see, today is moving day at my office. I think I may have mentioned in a previous post that we have been undergoing renovations for upwards of three weeks now. My office was moved last Tuesday, so I am – truly – the only one working today. (Well, obviously, I’m not working presently since I took the time to stop and compose this little message.)

Allow me to set the scene for you. I have a technician on the floor in front of my desk, who is installing the proper voice and data line for me. Presently, I am “hooked-up” via 50 foot cords that run from my previous office to this new one. The rest of the staff, movers, partition installers, IT guys, and various and sundry other folk are scurrying about like lab rats, trying to put the finishing touches on this move by the end of the day.

I am the only one who is set up to actually conduct work today, which I will get back to in a moment, but I just had to stop and write this down. I should have prefaced this whole thing with the intelligence that this is a move that nobody wanted…except the president of the company…so that is why this is happening. We are a small company, only 20 employees, but 10 of us were located in offices on the first floor and the remaining staff were on the second floor, and Dave wanted us all together, acting like one big happy family. So, by the end of the day…come hell or high water…we will be one. At least they’re providing lunch for the staff today…pizza. Who said there’s no such thing as a “free lunch?”

Anyway, how am I “coping” through all of this? Well, besides taking the time to purge my thoughts via this communication, my video iPod is presently broadcasting an episode of LOCI. I don’t actually “watch” it, however, I do glance at it occasionally, and it is amazingly soothing to hear a “certain someone’s” mellifluous voice floating through the air. (You know, of all the "Bobby Parts" I fantasize about, his voice is very high on my list...so soothing...so calming.) So, let the chaos thunder on; I’m content to keep working away…just me and my Bobby.

2 comments:

ann said...

I love his soft silky voice;
try listening to Hotel Paradise
and not watching it... heaven

BobbyG said...

Actually, I recently purchased "Hotel Paradise," but haven't watched it yet. I'll have to give your suggestion a try, but now I'm off to screen cap last night's LOCI epi..."Depths." Lots of "scruffy" Bobby in this one.