Friday, June 27, 2008

Cousin Betty Update

Well, news of my cousin's alleged wicked past has finally made it to my old hometown's local newspaper..."The Ironton Tribune." Evidently, her first husband's brother says Betty was not responsible for his death...that he did not, in fact, die in 1952. Betty and Clarence Malone divorced in 1952, and he was murdered in 1969 or 1970 and was on his third wife by then.

This was the picture that appeared in the paper to announce her engagement. She was only 18 when she married, and her groom was 19. People married young back then.


And this is what one looks like after "life happens" to them.

4 comments:

Music Wench said...

Yep, life happens to us all. This reminds me of when my granddaughter saw a photo of me when I was in my mid-twenties. She looked at me and asked, 'what happened to you?' LOL Out of the mouth of babes.

So she didn't kill the first one but what about the others? Most interesting.

BobbyG said...

Music Wench, I had read that story on your blog once; i.e., your granddaughter's comment: "What happened to you?" LOL Art Linkletter was right: Kids do say the darndest things.

As for Betty, that's what the first husband's brother says. Sounds like Clarence wasn't a very good man...perhaps he did something to set her on her wayward path...if indeed she did these crimes. They're still investigating the others and gathering whatever kind of evidence might be out there after all these years. My brother, Harold, is going to call another cousin and see if he can get any "inside" info on what's going on. I'll update the blog if anything interesting develops.

Anonymous said...

If you're lucky, life happens ;0)

val said...

So your cousin might not be a notorious as you thought. Is that a shame or a relief?