Saturday, June 14, 2008

Five Minutes Mr. Welles

Well, well, well...VDO land is certainly excited this morning. I found this posted by Snarkangel on the Jazzylin blog when I arrived home yesterday afternoon. My immediate thought was, "can't wait to hear what the Vixens think about this." I know that Vincent D'Onofrio fans everywhere have been doubtful that they would ever be treated to a viewing of this film short. Oh, we of little faith, eh?

Anyway, I watched it. I liked it. I will need to view it a few more times to absorb and "process" all the little nuances of the film and the performances of both actors. I am well aware that there are reviewers far more astute than I who will have much more thought-provoking critiques of the film...so...have at it.

I started to post the video last night, but backed off because I figured it would be...well...EVERYWHERE, so why bother. Not that many people read my piddly little blog in any event, right? Well, this morning, it was pointed out to me via an email to a number of the Vincent Vixens that...only Mr. D'Onofrio himself could have arranged for this particular film to be uploaded to YouTube. It was then suggested that anyone with a blog or a website or a sandwich board should herald the news of this most auspicious happening, so here I am...heralding the news as it were.

So, without further ado...please enjoy "Five Minutes Mr. Welles," a short film by Vincent D'Onofrio in his directorial debut, and starring none other than the redoubtable actor himself. What a treat!


With more thanks than you can ever imagine to VDO630 from YouTube.

9 comments:

tate31nym said...

I too must watch it at least another dozen times. One moment I would be caught up in dialogue, the next the angles, the next his beautiful self (that fixation tended to last longer than the others), and then a billion other little notice this-notice thats... so I lost track of the story a few times. But overall, I will say, I am quite impressed. (That's my sophisticated critique of the film, ha) :)

Eliza said...

I owe you a big vote of thanks too...I saw it last night just because you sent me the link to youtube...I went to bed very happy...then I woke up and watched it all over again :-D

I just got in from a day at my mums but I plan to watch it again later with a more 'critical' eye...maybe then I will be able to think of something to say other than excellent

Music Wench said...

Oh my, something I missed while spending most of my evening obsessing over music!

Btw...Hey! I read this blog and it's a must stop by daily spot so it's not piddly to me. I seem to have a better handle on all things Goren and LOCI than I do VDO so I do discover things here first.

Gonna go find this and post it on my blog now. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Given the sparklingly clear picture quality on this, I'd hazard a guess that Vincent must have at least given his permission for it to be 'shared' with us, so thank you darling, it's wonderful and we'd like it released properly now please.

jazzy said...

my snark is an angel :)

i don't think that VDO630 is vdo but a very great person who makes no profit with sharing this video. bless him (her).

vince speaks german in this film, which makes me outstanding happy!!

Anonymous said...

I saw it,what can I say else than..thammm,what a hottie!!I kept watching some scene several times*gigles*!!
Vincent rules!!

aprilspring said...

I heard about it, but never saw it, until now. thanks alot for sharing. He sure is amazing. thanks again.

BobbyG said...

Glad you got to see it, Aprilspring. And you're welcome. Lozziecap was right...we need to get it "out there" in as many places as possible, so people can see and appreciate VDO's other work.

Anonymous said...

I think VDO630 has a lot to answer for... bless 'im :>)